What does Thirteen50 stand for?
- The name of the company was inspired by the iconic American flag and it’s thirteen stripes and fifty stars. We are proud to offer only quality goods made here in America by Americans, and our name stands by that.
Where our leather is sourced from?
- All of the leather we use in our shop comes is sourced from two of the most reputable tanneries in the United States. Each of the tanneries have been tanning leather for over 100 years, and produce some of the finest leather available.
What type of leather do you use?
- We use vegetable tanned leather and horween chromexcel leather, which is a vegetable retained leather.
- Natural Vegetable Tanned Leather – Our natural veg tanned full grain leather is famous for the stunning patina it develops over the years. We offer almost all of our products in this type of leather. The leather will age to a dark brown color when exposed to the elements.
- Bridle and harness leathers. These leathers are the same as our natural vegetable tanned leather, but the tannery has stuffed the leather with oils and waxes.
- Horween Chromexcel – This leather is featured on most of our wallets and is known for its pull-up effect. During the tanning process the hide is heat stuffed with oils and dyes to give it a smooth finish with rich color. Chromexcel items may appear waxy after sitting, this is common and can be handled with a wipe down with a soft cloth.
What type of hardware is used on our product?
- We have chosen solid brass hardware for all of our hardware needs from buckles, snaps, screws, to key clips. The solid brass durability paired with our quality leather, makes for a beautiful long lasting products.
What size belt should i order?
- When selecting your size, we recommend that you DO NOT ORDER YOUR PANT SIZE. For most accurate sizing we recommend measuring your existing belt from the buckle where the leather is folded to the hole you use (refer to the diagram in the description of each belt).
Caring for your product?
- Most products shouldn’t need to be conditioned or oiled for the first few months of use. The oils and dyes from the tanning process keep the leather from drying out. If you leather begins showing wrinkles or begins to look dried out, that is when we recommend conditioning or oiling your leather. Using a soft rag and some leather conditioner simply wipe down the leather rubbing in a circular motion, allowing item to sit for a few hours to dry, buff with a clean cloth after dried
- The natural vegetable tanned leather requires a bit more attention and care, since it is leather in its most natural form. It takes on the oils and elements similar to how our skin does. If left in the sun for long periods of time the leather will darken, quickening the patina process. Neatsfoot oil can also be used to darken the leather, or cocunut oil, just remember a little bit goes along way. Our leather conditioner is also great for your leather, the blend of natural oils and waxes will extend the life of your product years.
Do you allow exchanges or returns?
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us within 14 days of receiving your item and we will gladly refund you the full purchase price of the item or exchange for your preferred item equal value. There is a 10% re-stocking fee on returns. You can read more about our return/exchange policy under Warranties and Returns tab in the about us section. All returns and exchanges must be in new unused condition. If you use an item we cannot exchange it or return, we will only cover it under warranty.
Will the leather stretch from use?
- Leather in its natural form is known to stretch, to help with this we have design products using quality leather to help extend the life of each product. When a product arrives it may feel stiff or tight, this is common and in a few weeks of normal use the leather will begin to wear in. A friendly reminder when breaking in your new wallet; pockets will stretch out but not in, so don’t get carried away and stuff too much into one.
Will I have to wait weeks for my order?
- No, we have the leather in stock and ship most items in 1-3 business days. If there is a pre order on an item, it will menitioned in the description. Once in a while inventory may be off on an item, in that case we will email you and let you decide on how you want us to proceed with the order.